Top Cheese and Wine Pairings
Our sommelier and cheesemonger have worked with us to create a cheese and beverage menu that compliments each other without being restrictive. We believe you should eat and drink what you like not what someone tells you to. That being said a guide is always a great starting point and you’ll find excellent recommended matches throughout our menu.
- Champagne and other sparkling wine – goes with everything. Trust us cheese loves bubbles!
- Chardonnay or Chablis – creamy brie or buttery cantal
- Madeira or Port – blue cheeses like stilton or roquefort
- Bordeaux, merlot and other red blends – cheddar, manchego and other hard cheeses
- Riesling or Pinot Grigio – stronger washed rinds like taleggio
- Cider – traditional style, crisp ciders work surprisingly well with a range of artisan cheese. You want acid to cut through the fat.
- Beer – lighter style ales compliment fresh, young cheeses and robust stouts work with stronger flavours.